Windows – hal.dll missing or corrupt
You can not get Windows because of the following error:
HAL.DLL missing or corrupt Windows Could not Start Because the Following file is missing or corrupt: Windows \ System32 \ Hal.dll Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: Windows \ System32 \ Hal.dll
- Start computer with a boot disk (if you do not have one you can have one of www.bootdisk.com)
- Access the command prompt.
- Enter the following commands:
C: edit boot.ini
You can get to BOOT.INI. By default it looks like this:
[Boot loader] timeout = 30 default = multi (0) disk (0) rdisk (0) partition (1) \ WINDOWS [Operating systems] multi (0) disk (0) rdisk (0) partition (1) \ WINDOWS = "Microsoft Windows XP Professional" / fastdetect
The error is in most cases the partition number is indicated (this often occurs after installing a second operating system). Change partition (1) to partition (2), and if it still does not work, change still figure until you come across the right one. If you do not want to repeat several times Boot.ini, copy the entire line after [operating systems] and change the number in each, you just need to try different options available to you at the next startup.
- Copy the entire line even after [operating systems] and add after / fastdetect: / safeboot: minimal / sos / bootlog
- Change the name of the option for “Safe Mode”
You now have an option in the menu that allows you to access safe mode without having to weigh the F8 key during startup.
Second method: Rebuild the boot.ini in the absence
- Start the installation CD of Windows XP
- Choose the repair by pressing R
- Indicate the number of the Windows installation and then press Enter
- Enter the administrator password and then ENTER again (if none, then do it directly)
- Type bootcfg / rebuild
- Enter the number corresponding to the desired installation or “o” if you agree with that proposed
- “Enter Load Identifier” appears, type what you want (if the boot.ini is missing, the name will not appear at startup)
- “Enter the options …”, leave blank, no option to add
- Type exit to end and restart the pc