The PowerShell 2.0 is the second version of Windows PowerShell . WPS 2.0 appears as an integral part of Windows 7 and Window Server 2008 Release 2, as well as add-on for XP, Vista and Server 2003.
The PowerShell 2.0 requires Microsoft . NET Framework 2.0 or higher.
Some features in PowerShell 2.0 have additional requirements:
- Windows Remote Management (WinRM) 2.0 is required for long-distance calls
- Get-WinEvent needs NET Framework 3.5.
- Out-GridView needs NET Framework 3.5. with Service Pack 1
- Windows PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE) needs NET Framework 3.5. with Service Pack
As of 30/06/2009
- 107 new commandlet s
- New functions and operators, eg splatting (@)-split-join
- Improvement in WMI, ADSI, etc.
- PowerShell Integrated Scripting Environment (ISE)
- Remote call / remote administration with WS-Management (“PowerShell Remoting”)
- Asynchronous Command Execution (Background Jobs, PSJobs)
- Module E: expansion pack for PowerShell
- Event System, which notifies you of any changes in objects
- Transaction s
- Data areas, data files
- Internationalization (“Script Internationalization”)
- Complete commandlet s in scripts (ScriptCmdlets)
- Console-based Script Debugging
- Restricted shells that only allow certain commands / scripts (“constrained runspaces”)
- Improvements of the PowerShell API (parser tokenizer API, New Hosting API Metadata API)
- PowerShell module in e Windows Server 2008 Release 2: Active Directory , Server Manager, BITS, App Locker, Best Practices, PSDiagnostics, troubleshooting pack, etc.
As of 08/11/2007
PowerShell architect Jeffrey Snover P. has at TechEd 2007 in Barcelona, the second pre-release version of. NET-based Windows PowerShell shown (“Community Technology Preview 1″) for the first time publicly.
The following major enhancements / improvements, there will be:
An editor for PowerShell scripts and a graphical design environment for PowerShell commands (currently only with syntax highlighting, is also planned Intellisence)
Remote execution of scripts and commands (on one or more remote computers)
Asynchronous Command Execution (background code execution)
Script Debugging (console based)
Restricted shells that allow only certain commands / scripts
Event System, which notifies you of changes in objects
Packaging scripts and associated data files (not yet in the first CTP release)
In addition, there will be numerous small improvements. In the first CTP release, not all Implements. Here is a selection of the improvements:
More ads in Analysecommandlet Get-Member
New Operaoren-split and-join
Enhancements to Select-String
Syntax for declaring data
Internationalization (language-specific texts)
Scripted commandlet s are now just as powerful as. NET based commandlet s
New data type [ADSISearcher] to simplify the definition of search LDAP-based directory services
Improvements the ADSI Object Adapter accessing directory service, so the syntax is simple
More commandlet s for Using WMI (eg Invoke-WmiMethod, Remove-WmiObject).
Support WMI authentication in Get-WmiObject
Output in graphical table with out- gridview including function to group the data and looking at the data
Casts for the contents of arrays
Associative arrays as parameter lists for commandlet used s (“splatting”)
New simplified API for hosting the PowerShell in your own applications