Skype insists on not wanting to recognize the microphone . To resolve this problem, just check three points:
1. In the Control Panel
Go to Control Panel, then Sounds and Audio Devices
- On the Playback tab, check that nothing is on mute
- Click advanced verify digital speaker is unchecked.
- In the Recording tab: make sure microphone is checked
- Cliquer sur avancé et vérifier que rien n’est coché ni ampli microphone, ni mic docking sel ou autre.
2. In Skype
If the microphone is not recognized, go to Skype – Tools – Options – Audio Settings – microphone
- Choose the default device microsoft
- Décocher la case “laisser skype gérer mes périphériques audios”.
3. Update the sound card driver
If the microphone is still not recognized, it is perhaps a problem with sound card. In this case:
- Check the make and model of sound card,
- Download the latest driver (or driver).
- It can also be useful to go to the website of the supplier of the computer (HP, Packard Bell etc) and try to download the drivers / audio drivers.