This trick allows you to disable the display of the login screen modern (Welcome), and use the classic logon screen. It works only for Windows 2000 and XP.
Through the Control Panel
- Go to Control Panel> User Accounts.
- Click “Change the way users open and close a session.”
- Uncheck “Use the Welcome screen” and click OK.
You will notice the change as soon as you close your session.
To reactivate the login screen Modern, check the box “Use the Welcome screen”.
Through the registry
For this, a change in the registry is required. It is recommended to save.
- Go to Start> Run.
- Type regedit and click OK.
- Locate the key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon
- Double click on the DWORD value LogonType and change its data to 0 to disable the Welcome screen or in one to reactivate it.