It’s official that Microsoft will drop the popular chat service Windows Live Messenger (WLM) to make way for Skype, instant messaging service and video calls, will be his replacement. But you can migrate your MSN contacts and take advantage of all the new features in Skype, so if you plan to merge your accounts, we recommend that you first read all the pros and cons of starting this process.
Advantages of merge my Windows Live Messenger account with Skype
Of course, once you integrate your accounts, the main benefit is that you can enjoy all the features of Skype:
1. Send messages to your Messenger contacts from Skype: you can see if your friends are online, and make a click on their names to send them instant messages. You can also talk to your Skype contacts and Facebook.
2. Make video calls to your Messenger contacts from Skype: Free calls video begins with your friends from anywhere.
3. Connect with your friends on Facebook: Skype allows you to link your Facebook account to send instant messages and video calls, and you can see their updates, check your wall, update your status and interact with them.
4. Share your screen: if you need to work in a team or organize plans with your friends can share their computer screens.
5. Starts group video: you can chat with up to 10 people at once in group video chat sessions. But keep in mind that at least one person on the call must have a Skype Premium or a group video plan.
6. Make voice calls: you can call for free to other Skype users to make calls to landlines and mobile payment schemes hiring.
7. Skype is more mobile devices: start text conversations and video calls from anywhere through mobile applications Skype for Android, iPad, iPhone, Symbian and Windows Phone.
Disavantages of merge my Windows Live Messenger account with Skype
all positive with the merger of Skype and Windows Live Messenger, in fact most are feeling the changes and you have multiple complaints are the vast legion of loyal users of Messenger.
1. They miss all the most popular features of Messenger, since by the time the merger only involves moving the base to Skype contacts, but do not integrate its features.
2. By merging the accounts will not see the categories and groups that organizabas your Messenger contacts, everything will be in a single Messenger contact list.
3. You can not combine the contacts in Messenger, Skype and Facebook, so you will see duplicate contacts though Skype says it is working on a solution.
4. You can not view or use Messenger custom emoticons.
5. There is not a shortcut button to your Hotmail account and you see the number of new emails.
10 things you need to know about merging with Skype Messenger
1. What happens to my account merge Microsoft (Messenger) with my Skype account? When you log in with your Skype and Microsoft so merging your accounts, hereafter you will see all your Messenger contacts available to initiate text chat, voice and video Skype.
2. What do I need to merge my account Messenger and Skype? It is essential that you download the latest version of Skype and install.
3. How I can merge my Messenger and Skype account? Follow our step by step guide.
4. Does Windows Live Messenger will disappear for good? Yes, from the first quarter of 2013 will remove Microsoft Messenger in all countries of the world, the only exception is China.
5. Should I still log in to my account Microsoft Skype? Yes, if you want to see whenever your Messenger contacts using your email address and password of Microsoft.
6. What will happen to my contacts to merge my accounts of Skype and Microsoft? When mergers both accounts appear your Messenger friends on your Skype contact list, and if you already have a Skype same contact also this will look twice. With the integration will not see your Skype contacts on your Messenger contact list.
7. Do I need to have my contact Messenger Skype to call them? Yes, for voice or video to your Messenger contacts, they will have to have Skype installed also.
8. How I can add a new contact from Messenger to Skype? You can not even add a new contact to your Messenger account from Skype, but you can add it from the Messenger and immediately see in Skype.
9. ? I can merge more than one Messenger account with Skype? No, you can only link to a single Skype account with a Microsoft.
10. How I can remove my merging Microsoft and Skype accounts? Unfortunately the fusion process is irreversible, meaning that you can no longer turn back, there is no option to unlink the accounts.
1.Si while trying to merge your accounts receive the following error message “This account is already merged Skype. You can merge multiple accounts “, you can:
- Sign another account of Microsoft and uses Microsoft has already been merged with your Skype account.
- sign another Microsoft account and merge it with another Skype account.
- Create a new Skype account and merge your Microsoft account.
2. If you do not see the option to merge your accounts Messenger and Skype, be sure to download and install the latest version of Skype. If you did this and you see the integration option but you can access your Skype account, log off through Skype Menu> Log.
Considers that the merger
just begun and the company has advanced to the process will be improved gradually until the final closure of Messenger in 2013. If you are an advanced user of Windows Live Messenger, which uses constantly many service options and inform you well recommend waiting before starting the process of merging your accounts. If instead you use only occasionally and you can risk curiosity, Skype is really a complete service with a large user base worldwide.