The new version of Microsoft‘s Windows 8 has generated negative comments. However, Google Analytics says that 2012 was the year of this new version that was released in October this year. While it has caused much criticism doubts have also arisen regarding software. We have selected 10 of the most frequently asked questions to make the decision to buy or not the new operating system Windows 8 .
1. – What should I consider before starting the installation of Windows 8?
Before installing Windows 8, is very important to create your recovery kit and do a full backup of your files or data, it should be noted that the test version is and can generate some problems so it is important backup. It is also recommended to apply the recovery of HP to leave the computer in their original and maintaining disclosure controls and previous applications, or if not then they can have trouble connecting to the Internet.
can buy the retail package online retailers like Amazon. The advantage is that you can get the 32 bit and 64 bit. You have to choose between one of them. If you get it from the same page of Microsoft, then you will have a discount that is less than the price of the retail package. After the purchase of the upgrade, you will get a product key for installation and activation via an e-mail that will arrive in your mail. In this email will give you a download link. Once downloaded files the update will start immediately.
2. – What is the difference between Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro
Microsoft released two versions of its new update for the retail market: Windows 8 and Windows 8 Pro A comparison of Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro gives you the ability to join a Windows domain, access Active Directory resources and connect your PC through an Internet network. It also has BitLocker and BitLocker To Go, features that offer strong encryption to protect data on portable devices.
• BitLocker encrypts the entire disk in case your computer is stolen, BitLocker will make it impossible to carry your data.
• BitLocker To Go is a unique safety feature if you bring valuable data in a USB flash drive as a thief will not be able to read the data.
3. – Is it worth upgrading Windows 8?
The answer depends on each user, because they are the ones that evaluate whether the program has improved or not as needed. Here we point out some changes for yourself you evaluate whether it is appropriate or not:
– Compared with Window 7, the new version brings a minimalist style, as the look of your writing has abandoned the silver color and lines. This is because it has withdrawn the Aero Glass interface, because according to developers is corny and old.
– The on-off is faster compared to the version of Windows 7.
– If you buy the upgrade online directly from Microsoft will have a better price. You can download a copy for $ 40 and an extra $ 15 to have a backup DVD that is delivered via email.
If you want to update or not you have done and not seen fit not worry you can go back to the version of Windows 7, then the copy will not leave.
4. – Are there deals on upgrades?
offers updates depend on the version of Windows that count. If you have a computer with Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7, you qualify for a discounted upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $ 40. If you purchased a new PC with Windows 7 as of June 2, 2012, you are entitled to a $ 15 upgrade to Windows 8 Pro Both offers expire on January 31, 2013. If you bought a new PC with Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro upgrade will cost $ 70.
5. – Where’s the menu?
The absence of start menu can be considered one of the most dramatic changes that brings Windows 8 and is no longer present, because now you are working with a mosaic of large-format icons. However, the home screen still opens when you click on the left corner of the screen.
These are the quickest ways to return to the Home screen:
• With a touch screen, swipe to the right side of the screen and then click Access Home.
• With a mouse, move the pointer to the lower left corner. When the Home screen, click the corner.
• With a keyboard, press the Windows logo key.
6. – I can use Windows 8 in a virtual machine?
Windows 8, for the first time, includes a new license for personal use which explicitly allows customers to install and run software retailers OEM System Builder. Consider one of the sections listed on the license:
“Using virtualization software, including Hyper-V Client to create one or more virtual machines on a single hardware computer system, each virtual machine and the physical computer, is considered a separate computer for the purposes of this agreement. This license allows you to install a single copy of the software for use on a computer, whether physical or virtual. To use the software on more than one virtual machine, you must obtain separate copies of the software and a license for each copy. ”
This is explained that given the authorization to install the software on a PC that has unlike the previous version Windows 7.
7. – What happened with Media Center?
Microsoft provides the code
Media Center as an add for Windows 8 Pro, at a cost of $ 9.99. If you are running Windows 8 Pro Media Center can get the free pack or get the Pro package for $ 69.99. Both offers are good at January 31, 2013.
The Media Center of the new version is basically identical to that of Windows 7, but found inconsistencies.
8. – What is Windows RT?
editions of Windows 8 is not part of the retail market is Windows RT, edition available for ARM microprocessors (low energy chips mainly used in tablets).
RT surface can not replace a computer or laptop but it is a highly mobile device. The hardware is quality and the surface is thin and light. Also, allows connections to external devices and is compatible with Adobe Flash in Internet Explorer.
9. – Where I can find PCs with Windows 7?
If you are from people who want to stick with the version of Windows 7, do not rest assured, as the previous version has not stopped working. Windows 7 will continue to run for 7 years and can still keep buying PCs with Windows 7 for two years. We recommend searching online partners such as Lenovo.
For more information we leave ending dates Windows versions:
- Windows XP Service Pack 3: April 8, 2014
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2: April 11, 2017
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1: January 14, 2020
- Windows 8: January 10, 2023
10. – How I can to downgrade to Windows 7? You can return the software to a previous version?
To use downgrade rights to replace Windows 8 with Windows 7, you need to have Windows 8 Pro
If you buy a new PC with Windows 8 Pro installed, the license states that once used Windows 8 Pro software, you can use one of the following versions: Windows 7 Professional or Windows Vista Business. Note that you can not go back to Windows XP, it is not allowed. But if you bought a new PC that includes the basic edition of Windows 8, then what you have to do is compare a retail copy of Windows 7 and install it.